|           HOME           |           RECIPES           |           TIPS & TRICKS           |          

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baked Pineapple

I found a wonderful recipe for Gratineed Pineapple via Pinterest. I could immediately tell the recipe was going to be amazing. Pineapple, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and ginger snaps. Yum! The presentation looks beautiful too, however I can tell just from looking at it that it would be a pain to eat. So I chopped up my pineapple instead. My brother-in-law and nephew were over here the night that I made this. Between those two and my little family of three, we ate the entire pan in one night. It's that good!!


Baked Pineapple
Makes: 6 servings

1 whole pineapple
12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup crushed ginger snaps
1 cup coconut flakes

  • Chop the pineapple into bite sized pieces. See my Tips & Tricks for instructions.
  • Place the pineapple pieces into a lightly greased 13" x 9" glass baking dish.
  • Top the pineapple with the ginger snaps and coconut. I ground the gingersnaps into a fine powder in the food processor. But if you prefer bigger chunks, you could place them in a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin, meat tenderizer, or other heavy instrument.
  • Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan of pineapple.
  • Bake at 350° F for 25 - 30 minutes.
Note: this recipe calls for fresh pineapple and I really recommend using fresh. If you use the canned variety, the flavor will be somewhat sour and the texture won't be quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment