|           HOME           |           RECIPES           |           TIPS & TRICKS           |          

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pan Seared Sage Chicken

I've been on a big sage kick lately. I have no idea why. I guess it just "feels" right with how cold it's been lately. I made this chicken dish to go along with the Butternut Squash Mashup that I made. One thing that I like to do is keep a common theme in my meal. Since I used sage in the butternut squash, I figured I would add it to the chicken too. It turned out really well. I hope you like it.


Pan Seared Sage Chicken
Makes: 4 servings

Pasta:
1/2 lb penne or other tube pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter or butter substitute
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp rubbed sage

Chicken:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp rubbed sage

Make the pasta:

  • Boil the pasta for 11 - 12 minutes until al dente. Make sure to salt the water really well.
  • While the pasta is cooking, saute the garlic over medium heat until the garlic becomes fragrant and starts to soften. Remove from the heat.
  • Strain the pasta then add to the garlic butter. Add the sage then toss together.
Make the chicken:
  
  • While the pasta is cooking, make the chicken.
  • Cut each chicken breast in half length-wise so that you have 4 thin pieces of chicken.
  • Combine the seasoned salt and sage. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of each piece of chicken.
  • Spray a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray into a skillet. Heat over medium until hot.
  • Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until fully cooked and no longer pink.
  • You can serve the chicken whole or cut into thin strips. Serve over top of pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment