|           HOME           |           RECIPES           |           TIPS & TRICKS           |          

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Crunchy Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks

So, I have to admit that this is not my own original idea. I found this recipe on Life's Ambrosia via Pinterest. I have to say that I have -ahem- improved upon the idea a bit! Matt and I are totally addicted to pepper jack cheese and this just fuels our addiction even more. I think I may need to start going to PJC Anonymous hehe!


Crunchy Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
Makes: 8 cheese sticks

8 egg roll wrappers
8 oz brick of pepper jack cheese

Yep! Just two ingredients!


  • Preheat a deep fryer or heavy bottomed dutch oven filled with oil to 375° F.
  • Cut the brick of pepper jack cheese into 4 long slices lengthwise. Then turn each slice on it's side and cut in half so that you have 8 even sticks.
  • Freeze the sticks for one hour. This step is really important. Otherwise the cheese will ooze out into the hot oil and you'll have an empty wrapper.
  • Place a cheese stick diagonally on an egg roll wrapper. Then brush two of the edges with water.



  • Fold the wrapper in half over the cheese stick, then fold the small top and bottom flaps over like you would with a burrito.


  • Brush some water on the smaller triangle that was just folded over the cheese stick. Then continue to roll it up like an egg roll.
  • Now fry the cheese sticks until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
  • Dip in marinara or sweet chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment