|           HOME           |           RECIPES           |           TIPS & TRICKS           |          

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Kale Chips

Kale chips seem to be the "latest thing." I've been seeing tons of recipes floating around. So, I figured it was time to try them! I have to say, they came out really well for my first try! The concept might sound a little strange but I promise they're delicious. They have a really nutty flavor. The flavor actually reminded me a lot of toasted pumpkin seeds. Lola also loved them. She kept running up to me saying "bite" with her mouth open haha.

Kale Chips
1 large bunch of kale
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

  • Arrange oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat to 400° F.
  • Rinse kale thoroughly.
  • Cut the leaves from the stem. Then cut into chip size pieces - about 2" x 2".
  • Toss with olive oil and salt.
  • Arrange the kale in a single layer on a baking sheet. You may need to use two baking sheets.
  • Bake for 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.

These are great plain or with dip. However, they are very thin and flaky. So make sure your dip is thin. Otherwise they will crumble apart if it's too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment